The most in style means of obtaining from city to Agra is by train. It’s potential to go to the Taj Mahal on a very day from the city if you catch the correct trains. you’ll be able to be there in two hours. resolve concerning the most effective trains from city to Agra, and Agra to the city.
What you must recognize
- The main train depot in the city is national capital train depot (NDLS), close to Paharganj.
- Trains to Agra additionally depart city from Hazrat Nizamuddin train depot Delhi (NZM), that is concerning twenty minutes south of latest city train depot. This station is most convenient for those that area unit staying in the south city.
- The main train depot in Agra is Agra camp (AGC).
- Trains area unit typically delayed throughout the winter (December to March) attributable to fog.
Best Early Morning city to Agra Trains
- These city Agra trains all have chairs, not sleepers.
- The quickest morning train from city to Agra is that the new, non-stop 12050 Gatimaan Express. This train, that is India’s 1st semi-high speed train, started operative on Gregorian calendar month five, 2016. It travels at a prime speed of a hundred and sixty kilometers per hour and takes one hour and forty minutes to succeed in Agra. The train departs Delhi‘s Hazrat Nizamuddin train depot at eight.10 a.m. and arrives in Agra at nine.50 a.m. The fare in 1AC government category (first category, seated, air-conditioned) is one,505 rupees. CC (chair automotive, seated, air-conditioned) is 755 rupees. The train runs daily except on weekday (when the Taj Mahal is closed). there’s on-board occupation, with each Indian and Continental cookery served. The train additionally has hostesses and multi-media facilities. Its cleanliness, food, and price tag accessibility and area unit all glorious. Plus, it is the most on-time train with token delays. See train data.
- The competitor choice is that the 12002 national capital Bhopal Shatabdi Express. This train has one stop. It departs national capital train depot at half dozen a.m. and arrives at Agra at seven.57 a.m. The fare in 1AC government category (first category, seated, air-conditioned) is one,050 rupees. CC (chair automotive, seated, air-conditioned) is 555 rupees. The train runs daily. Its price tag accessibility is great and cleanliness smart. However, it’s better-known to succeed in Agra up to a half-hour late. See train data.
- The 12280 Taj Express Superfast from Hazrat Nizamuddin train depot to Agra is additionally in style. It departs at seven.00 a.m. and arrives in Agra at nine.38 a.m. The fare in CC is 370 rupees. 2S (second category, seated, non-air-conditioned) is a hundred rupees. The train has 3 stops and runs daily. It additionally has glorious price tag accessibility. the sole issue is that timing will be a problem, with delays of up to one.5 hours in a time of arrival. See train data.
Best Late Afternoon Agra to city Trains
- This Agra city all have chairs, not sleepers.
- The 12049 Gatimaan categorical departs from Agra at five.50 p.m., daily except weekday. It arrives at H Nizamuddin train depot in city at seven.30 p.m. it is the quickest and most on-time train from Agra to the city. See train data.
- The 12279 Taj categorical Superfast returns to the city from Agra at half dozen.55 p.m. daily (although it typically reaches Agra over Associate in Nursing hour late, because it comes from Jhansi). It arrives at H Nizamuddin train depot at ten.05 p.m. See train data.
- The 12001 Bhopal national capital Shatabdi categorical departs Agra at nine.15 p.m. and arrives at national capital train depot at eleven.30 p.m. daily. However, the train runs up to two hours late, because it originates from Bhopal. See train data.
Other cities to Agra Trains
There area unit several different sleeper trains that run from city to Agra, and vice-versa, throughout the day. These trains will be found here (from Delhi to Agra) and here (Agra to Delhi), or by looking at the Indian Railways website. However, the trains listed on top of area unit the foremost reliable.
A Word of Warning: Dangers and Annoyances
When incoming at Agra station, be ready to be accosted by beggars and touts. Touts operate in subtle gangs that have counterparts in different cities United Nations agency determine potential targets at railway stations. At Agra, the touts usually claim to be guides or taxi drivers and use ploys like free taxi rides or the promise of significant discounts. There area unit twenty-four hour official paid car ricksha and taxi booths simply outside Agra train depot.